Thursday, November 14, 2013

November Meeting Recap


There's lots of good stuff in here (including information on our Holiday Party!) so pay attention...

1. Members in Attendance- 8. The rest of you all better have really good excuses or doctor's notes.

2. Birthdays this month- KZ, Mary and Kim. Happy Birthday ladies!

3. Much wedding and new baby talk.

4. Our Annual Holiday Party is Saturday, December 7th at 6 pm. As always, it promises to be a fantastic time. Some things to know-
               a. Guild funds are providing a ham and all the paper products. The rest of dinner will be potluck. So far, people have signed up to bring a pie, side salad, dessert, funeral potatoes and a sweet potato casserole. Consider that when deciding what you would like to bring. Then email me (trinasdoings@gmail.com) and let me know.
               b. We drew names for the gift exchange. Gifts can be handmade or store-bought, new or from stash, crafty or whatever. Just try and keep it under a $10 value. It's not too late if you'd like to participate. Just email me and I'll send you back the name of your giftee. Just please, don't sign up unless you're going to be at the party or can otherwise deliver your gift.
               c. We're going to try something a little crazy for the demonstration at the meeting. I'm calling it the Quilt Guild Last Minute Holiday Gift Guide. How it works is this, everyone who can brings a quick and easy project to show off along with the information on where to find the tutorial or pattern. It can be something you've made in years past or what you're making this year. We'll go around the table, share our projects and by the end of the evening we should all have some great ideas for last minute gifts.

5. Giveaway- Pattern for Rudy the Reindeer by Melly & Me. Congratulations, Nicke!

6. We took a quick vote on whether to leave meetings and sewing night connected or separate them into two different nights next year. Leaving them connected won. I should hopefully (fingers crossed) have next year's meeting schedule for everyone by the December meeting. I would also like to have a member information list for everyone at that time. So, let me know if your contact information has changed lately.

7. Demonstration- Granny Square Blocks. I've collected some inspiration and tutorials on a Pinterest Board. If you'd like to participate in the (final!) block swap, bring six completed granny square blocks to the December meeting. I know, I know...that's a lot for the December meeting. But, you can do it!

8. Show and Tell. Wow, we are a talented group!


DSC_0437

Emily's third completed quilt. She's a rock star. The pattern can be found here.

DSC_0438

Plus, she's finished three beautiful Geranium dresses, one with matching doll dress.


DSC_0441

DSC_0442


Nikke showed off her Noodlehead Super Tote modified into a backpack and her super sweet doll Moses basket with pillow and quilt.


DSC_0452

I showed the Miss Mary dress I made for my daughter and a finished Noodlehead Open Wide Zippered Pouch. There was a lot of love this month for little girly things and Noodlehead, it seems.


DSC_0447

Jenele showed off her new improvisational project. We're pretty much all in awe.


DSC_0451

DSC_0449

Mary showed off two finished quilt tops. The second was a lovely tribute to her mother.


DSC_0445

Emily showed off a lovely quilt she is making for her mother and her own new little baby, Lydia. I know water bottle in the way. I never got a picture of the baby, but Nicke got a fantastic one.

Well, I think that's everything. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm looking forward to our holiday party and hope to see everyone there!

No comments:

Post a Comment