Thursday, November 14, 2013
There's lots of good stuff in here (including information on our Holiday Party!) so pay attention...
1. Members in Attendance- 8. The rest of you all better have really good excuses or doctor's notes.
2. Birthdays this month- KZ, Mary and Kim. Happy Birthday ladies!
3. Much wedding and new baby talk.
4. Our Annual Holiday Party is Saturday, December 7th at 6 pm. As always, it promises to be a fantastic time. Some things to know-
a. Guild funds are providing a ham and all the paper products. The rest of dinner will be potluck. So far, people have signed up to bring a pie, side salad, dessert, funeral potatoes and a sweet potato casserole. Consider that when deciding what you would like to bring. Then email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know.
b. We drew names for the gift exchange. Gifts can be handmade or store-bought, new or from stash, crafty or whatever. Just try and keep it under a $10 value. It's not too late if you'd like to participate. Just email me and I'll send you back the name of your giftee. Just please, don't sign up unless you're going to be at the party or can otherwise deliver your gift.
c. We're going to try something a little crazy for the demonstration at the meeting. I'm calling it the Quilt Guild Last Minute Holiday Gift Guide. How it works is this, everyone who can brings a quick and easy project to show off along with the information on where to find the tutorial or pattern. It can be something you've made in years past or what you're making this year. We'll go around the table, share our projects and by the end of the evening we should all have some great ideas for last minute gifts.
5. Giveaway- Pattern for Rudy the Reindeer by Melly & Me. Congratulations, Nicke!
6. We took a quick vote on whether to leave meetings and sewing night connected or separate them into two different nights next year. Leaving them connected won. I should hopefully (fingers crossed) have next year's meeting schedule for everyone by the December meeting. I would also like to have a member information list for everyone at that time. So, let me know if your contact information has changed lately.
7. Demonstration- Granny Square Blocks. I've collected some inspiration and tutorials on a Pinterest Board. If you'd like to participate in the (final!) block swap, bring six completed granny square blocks to the December meeting. I know, I know...that's a lot for the December meeting. But, you can do it!
8. Show and Tell. Wow, we are a talented group!
Emily's third completed quilt. She's a rock star. The pattern can be found here.
Plus, she's finished three beautiful Geranium dresses, one with matching doll dress.
Nikke showed off her Noodlehead Super Tote modified into a backpack and her super sweet doll Moses basket with pillow and quilt.
I showed the Miss Mary dress I made for my daughter and a finished Noodlehead Open Wide Zippered Pouch. There was a lot of love this month for little girly things and Noodlehead, it seems.
Jenele showed off her new improvisational project. We're pretty much all in awe.
Mary showed off two finished quilt tops. The second was a lovely tribute to her mother.
Emily showed off a lovely quilt she is making for her mother and her own new little baby, Lydia. I know water bottle in the way. I never got a picture of the baby, but Nicke got a fantastic one.
Well, I think that's everything. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm looking forward to our holiday party and hope to see everyone there!
Thursday, November 7, 2013
Let's just all pretend that I wrote this blog post three weeks ago, shall we?
1. Welcome to our newest member- Kim Almon! We're so excited to have you in our little group.
2. Our next meeting is November 9th. We'll be drawing names for our Holiday Party Gift Swap. If you'd like to participate either be at the meeting or let me know (email@example.com) so I can draw a name for you. Please, please, please don't draw a name unless you can be there for the holiday party.
3. Mark your calendars now- our Holiday Party is December 7th, 6 pm at the Quilt Barn. As in years past, the guild will be providing a delicious ham and we'll be potlucking the rest of the meal.
4. Demonstration- Review of Quilting On the Go by Jessica Alexandrakis. Including the showing off of my finished English Paper Pieced quilt top.
5. Show and Tell
Kim's Amazing Quilts
Jenele's fantastic quilt. There were others, I'm sure. But I was too busy trying to keep my kids from breaking something that these were the only pictures I managed.
So, that's it. Great meeting everyone. And, speaking of meetings, since I took so long to write this blog post- it's also serving as your meeting reminder. Meeting this Saturday, October 9th. 6 pm at The Quilt Barn. As usual, we'll stay after the meeting for a late night sew. Bring your nametag. Bring some snacks to share. Bring some projects for show and tell. Bring your machines and some projects to work on. Bring friends. Bring your beautiful selves. Hope to see everyone there!