Tuesday, September 17, 2013
1. Welcome to everyone, especially our new member Kim. I forgot to get her email address and contact information. Did anyone get her last name?
2. Thanks to everyone who came to the picnic. I had a blast and hope everyone else did as well.
3. The Magic Valley Quilt Walk is this weekend. It's now a part of the Oktoberfest celebration. It's Friday, September 20th 5-10 pm and Saturday, September 21st 12-10 pm. Email me (email@example.com) if you'd like to have the contact information for entering quilts.
4. The Boise Basin Quilters Quilt Show is September 28th and 29th, 10 am to 5 pm at Expo Idaho (the Fairgrounds). Admission is $6.
5. Our next meeting is October 12th, 6 pm at The Quilt Barn. As usual, we'll have a late night sewing night following the meeting.
6. At the October meeting, we're going to have a stash essentials fat quarter exchange. If you'd like to participate, bring 4 fat quarters to the meeting. They can all be the same or different, brand new or from your stash. Just make sure they're what you consider stash essentials- the kind of fabric you use again and again and again for all sorts of projects.
7. I demonstrated three different Plus/Cross/X/Whatever you want to call them blocks.
a. Simple Nine Patch based
b. Wonky Cross- tutorial here.
c. Scrappy Plus- tutorial here.
I've started a Pinterest Board with all sorts of cross block inspiration. If you'd like to, bring six cross or plus blocks to the next meeting to exchange.
8. Show and Tell
Mary's Tinker Bag
Tara's Skull Quilt
Jenele's Baby Elephant Quilt
Of course, there were more fantastic things that I forgot to take pictures of!
I think that's everything. Email me if you have any questions and see you all in October!