Monday, April 8, 2013
Another amazing meeting and late night sew. You ladies are so fun to hang out with.
Anyway, here's the basics of the what we discussed.
1. Members in Attendance- 10
2. I passed out Meeting Reminder Cards made by the amazing KZ and took information for an updated member list. I should have copies of that for everyone next month.
3.The Desert Sage Quilt Show is this weekend at the fairgrounds. Saturday 10-6. Sunday 10-4. KZ and I are working on a flier to post in the Quilt Barn's booth to advertise our guild. Lots of members have quilts in the show- go and talk loudly and enthusiastically about them in front of the other attendees!
4. Our next meeting will be Saturday. May11th. It might begin with a tour of the lovely Jenele's sewing room. I'll send an email out when it gets closer with definite plans and directions.
5. We exchanged log cabin blocks. A couple of people wanted to but had forgotten. So, we'll do it again next month. Bring six log cabin blocks (or the two left over from this time if you participated) and we'll trade again.
6. Heather demonstrated a lovely hand quilted pincushion project. There are still kits left if you'd like to stop by the Quilt Barn and buy one. Only $5 and everything you need is included.
7. At next month's meeting, we'll be discussing a Guild and Family get-together. Start thinking of ideas of something we could all get together and do with our families. You know, that's not quilting.
That's all I have to share. Because, what happens at late night sew stays at late night sew. Hope to see several of you at the Quilt Show and everybody at the next meeting!