Thursday, March 13, 2014
Thanks so much to everyone who could be there. We packed the classroom and it really was so much fun!
1. I have a member directory ready for everyone at the next meeting, Nothing too fancy, just a list of everyone's phone numbers, email addresses and birthdays.
2. Lori Holt is coming back to The Quilt Barn for a retreat May 2-4! It sounds like so much fun. There are with or without lodging options. All the details can be found on the Quilt Barn's Blog.
3. Heather and the Quilt Barn Chicks are hosting a sew along for the Sew Together Bag. Details on the blog.
4. Tara's bachelorette party/ bridal shower/ sewing retreat will be March 27-29 in the Hen House Retreat Center and we're all invited. That's the Thursday, Friday and Saturday of Spring Break. Come whenever you can, for as long as you can. There's plenty of beds. We'll be working on our own projects as well as helping Tara sew miles of bunting to decorate her wedding with. I am hereby declaring that Thursday night at 6 our official next meeting. Let's do a potluck dinner, discuss a little business, sew bunting and have fun. All in favor?
5. Speaking of Tara, she's spearheaded our next quilt-a-long project. I'm pretty excited for this one. The tutorial we're using is Scrap Jar Stars by A Little Bit Biased. We'll each choose a color and then make a block (or maybe two? How big do we want our finished quilts?) for each person participating. At the end, we'll each get one block (maybe two) from each person to make into our quilt. We'll make labels for the back with each person's name written in the color of their block. We'll end up with something like this.
We've got 11 people signed up so far.
Jenele- Hot Pink
Kim- Dark Purple
Pat- Light Pink
Diane- Light Purple
We'll all be using the same white fabric- Moda Bella Solid 9900 97. The Quilt Barn has a large bolt or it ready to go. Please make sure your other fabrics are good quality quilt shop fabrics. And that your colors are bright and clear.
If you'd like to participate, email me- email@example.com and let me know what color you'd like to do. There's still room for dark green, dark blue and lots of others. Just no blacks or browns. We want cheerful, rainbowy sorts of quilts.
I think that's everything. As always, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, concerns or suggestions. I hope to see you all on March 27th at 6 pm for Tara's party!