Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Just a few reminders from our meeting on the 9th-
1. Dues are due. $15 dollars for the year if you have not paid them yet. Yadda, yadda, yadda. I promise this is the last time I mention it since pretty much everyone has paid.
2. The Desert Sage Quild Guild's bi-yearly quilt show is right around the corner. Enter! There's no entry fee, no scary judges, no reason not to. I will be bringing copies of the entry form to the next meeting.
3. Speaking of the next meeting, it will be March 9th. We'll meet at 6 pm at The Quilt Barn. We'll get all our business out of the way and then stay for a late night sew. Fun!
4. Everyone did a great job on their Sawtooth Star blocks! I love all the ones I received. We decided to do Log Cabin blocks next, if you'd like to get a head start. At the March meeting, I'll do a basic demonstration. Then I'll write a blog post again with all sorts of links to tutorials and inspiration. Then, whoever decides to participate will swap blocks at the April meeting.
5. Thank you Heather for an awesome demonstration! She showed us the super-cute, super-useful zippered vinyl pouch pattern pictured above. There were kits ready (thanks Jenele!) and several of us make our pouches right then at late night sew with more help from Heather. If you missed it, you can still pick up the pattern (and maybe even one of the kits) from The Quilt Barn.
Hope to see you all on March 9th!