Thursday, March 1, 2012

Granny Squares


Have you seen the granny square inspired quilts popping up all over?



The free tutorial and more pictures of the original quilt can be found here. More granny square goodness here, here, here and here.

I, meanwhile, feel like a stick-in-the-mud, plugging away on my old fashioned crocheted granny square blanket.

Cherry Blossom Granny Square

When it's done, though, I may have to move onto a quilted version. Maybe even in the same colors. Wouldn't a quilt with an afghan in matching colors folded at the foot make for a fun little girl's bed? Oh! Oh, or vintage sheets. Vintage sheets would be amazing. And I just happen to have a lovely layer cake of them given to me by our amazing Tara. As you can tell, the possibilities are endless for this fun little block.

2 comments:

  1. It just so happens that our block party participants are making me granny square blocks this month for me.

    ReplyDelete