1. The meeting started off with a little surprise for Julie. Her husband conspired with the Quilt Barn ladies and a birthday present to make anyone jealous (ok, anyone who sews) was waiting for her.
I sweetly told my husband the story. And winked. And said "hint, hint." I don't think he was convinced.
2. We're still working on charity quilts. We have a roll of batting at the quilt barn and a large stack of quilts needing to be quilting. If you have any spare time, come by and pick one up to work on. We'd love to get these done and donated to a local charity. And, the sooner we get them done, the sooner we can do prizes for those who participated!
3. March sewing night has been moved. There are some fun prom plans for this Saturday, so we will be holding sewing night on Saturday, March 24th. From 7 pm until insanely late at The Quilt Barn. Please come. Bring your projects, machine and snacks to share.
4. Block Exchange. We all showed off the Farmer's Wife quilt blocks we made for Nikke. Lovely work, ladies. Tara handed out her fabric bundles. She's asking for two granny square blocks. The tutorial is here. If you are participating, but weren't at the meeting, please make arrangements with Tara to pick up a fabric bundle.
5. Pillow swap! Look at these lovelies.
6. Our next swap will be in May. I've dubbed it the Super Spy Swap. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to find the favorite things of your swap partner. Go ahead, stalk them on filckr, facebook and pinterest. Ask their friends. Whatever it takes to find out what they like. Then, compile a box of goodies for them containing at least handmade item. If you weren't at the meeting and would like to participate, email Tara (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the end of the week.
7. Demonstration- Tara showed off her crocheted rug made from vintage sheets and told us a little bit about her methods.
If you missed it, there are a ton of tutorials online. Try here, here and here.
I think that's it. I hope to see you all on sewing night on the 24th or at our next meeting on April 12th.