Wednesday, February 12, 2014
February 8th Meeting Minutes
Quilt Guild night really is the best night of the whole month, isn't it? A lot went on at the February meeting so grab your beverage of choice and get ready for a long blog post.
1. First off, thanks to everyone who made it to the meeting and welcome to our two newest members- Pat and Jentry. We're glad to have you, ladies.
2. I should have member directories with everyone's phone number, email address and birthday ready for the next meeting. If you know your information has changed and you haven't already updated it with me, please email your correct contact information to me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Dues are due. It's $15 for membership for the year. Bring your money to the next meeting if you haven't already paid.
4. Nicke demonstrated some of her methods for piecing together a quilt top from different sized wonky blocks. Thanks so much, Nicke!
5. Next month Jenele will be teaching us how to paper-piece the amazingly popular economy block. Along with that, we'll be having a scrap scramble. So, bring along some of your scraps. We'll spread them all out, use them to make some economy blocks and you'll get to pick out some new and exciting scraps to take home.
6. Have you seen the amazing Sew Together Bags Heather has been making? No, well let me show you the one she made Saturday night-
Super cute and super useful. Well, the amazing Heather is willing to help you make one of your very own. She's be at the Quilt Barn at 4 pm before our next meeting (March 8th) to help anyone and everyone make this wonderful bag. You'll need to purchase your pattern from Craftsy ahead of time and have your pieces cut out. Even more good news, when you purchase your pattern you can get a $5 Quilt Barn Gift Certificate. It's really easy. Go to the Quilt Barn Website, click on the Craftsy button on the top right side, and search "sew together bag sewdemented". Next thing you know, you've got a $5 gift certificate and a cute place to corral some stuff.
7. Lori Holt from BeeInMyBonnet is coming back to the Quilt Barn the weekend of May 3rd. I've heard fantastic things about her classes last time. There will be special in-town pricing if you don't need to spend the night in the Hen House. More information will be available on the the Quilt Barn website soon.
8. Show and Tell!
Pat brought her amazing Civil War Sampler quilt. Look at how tiny those pieces are!
Heather brought some of the things she's working on- Union Jack blocks and a patchwork quilt top.
There's a Candy behind that Valentine's table runner.
Candy with the dresden plate table runner she made from a rescued vintage quilt top.
And, finally, a quilt she recently finished for a wedding gift.
Nicke's been making gifts for a knitter- a sock sack.
And a knitting needle case decorated with an amazing scrappy dresden plate.
Well, ladies. I think that's everything. How was your beverage?
See you next month!