Friday, September 14, 2012

September Meeting Recap

We had a fantastic meeting last night! Eleven were in attendance, including two new members. Welcome Sheri and Jolene!









Business-

1. We've decided to make dues due by January. Then they'll cover the entirety of 2013. So, $15 dollars due by the January meeting. At that point I'll make up a new membership list with everyone's name, phone number, email and blogs to hand out to everyone.

2. Don't miss the Magic Valley Quilt Walk September 21st and 22nd in lovely downtown Twin Falls. 10-6 on Friday and 10-4 on Saturday. There are t-shirts for sale for $15 at the Quilt Barn. Buying one gets your name entered into a drawing for some fabulous prizes.

3. Our charity quilt drive wraps up in October. By our meeting on October 11th, we want to have a big old pile of quilts to give to local charities. If you still have any unfinished tops or finished quilts please bring them to this meeting. Remember, we're going to have a prize drawing for all those who have participated.

4. And, in an effort to finish up those charity quilts and because it just sounds fun, our late night sew for September is going to be an all day sew instead. It'll be Saturday, September 29th. We'll start when the Quilt Barn opens at 10 and goes until at least 6. I plan on staying until Heather kicks me out! Come whenever you can for as long as you can. And don't feel like you have to donate your whole day to the charity quilts- bring your own projects. And your machine and some food to share. I am so excited. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.

5. At the October 11th meeting, we're also planning a pouch swap. If you'd like to participate, bring your finished pouch to the meeting and we'll trade.

Show and Tell-

Man, we had some lovely things to show off!




Amy's sort of Irish Chain Star thingy.




Heather's string star block.




The beautiful bag KZ made for her mother.




Candy's beautiful baby quilt.




Heather's Tula Pink Halloween table topper.




Peggy's beautiful (award winning) picture quilt. I really wish I had a better picture of it to show you. It's stunning.

Demos-

1.We're trying something new. I brought my favorite quilting book (Last
-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson) along with some of the projects I've made from it. The blog I mentioned along with it is http://www.purlbee.com/. Check it out for hundreds of free sewing, quilting, embroidery, knitting and crochet projects. Heather's going to do a book or blog review for us next month.

2. Nikke did a demo on Improv piecing. I wish I took a picture because she stood on her chair to do. I have to admit, she got me excited to use up every last scrap.

Well, that's everything! I hope to see you all for at least a little while on Saturday the 29th for our all-day sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment