Members in attendance: KZ, Tara, Jenele, Diane and Trina
Show and tells-
Tara's amazing skirt made from thrift store jeans and curtains.
Janele's dog quilt-
My girly squares in squares quilt-
Tara's fantastic use of a cheater print-
Pretty much, we rock.
Business (I hope I remember everything, I've misplaced my notes.)-
1. We still have charity quilts in need of finishing up.The tops are done. We have a big roll of batting. Quite a few have backing and binding ready to go. We just need volunteers to help quilt or tie them and bind them. Remember, once we have them all finished and donated, there will be a prize drawing for those who have participated. You can come pick one (or two or three) up from the Quilt Barn anytime.
2. After two years, our fearless leaders Tara and KZ have declared they are resigning. Thank you so much for all you have done starting the guild and keeping us going for two years. You are both amazing! They've nominated me to take over one of the leadership positions. I'm willing but will definitely need some help. Any volunteers? We need at least a president and vice-president but could also use a charity chair, an information officer, etc. Email me (email@example.com) if you're interested.
3. We'll be starting a new long term swap. It will run from August to October. Details to come.
4. Sewing night will most likely be this Saturday, July 21st. It all depends on whether someone with keys to the Quilt Barn can be there. I'll send out an email to everyone and post it here and post it on Facebook just as soon as we know for sure.
5. Since Tara is resigning, I'm considering making the demonstrations for the meetings a group effort. Any volunteers? It can be anything from tips and tricks, how to assemble a favorite block, or a new technique. I'll be sending around a sign up sheet next meeting, so start thinking of ideas!