Saturday, September 11, 2010

Circles

Our September meeting featured a tutorial by A Commonplace Life called The Round About Quilt.
I wont repeat her wonderful tutorial so check it out.

I will show you the pieces that I used at our meeting.


I found it helpful if I made a finger crease at the center of the pie piece and the square piece so I could line up the centers.


Use lots of pins. When the two pieces are pinned together it will look like it wont work. It does. I made 36 of these and they worked everytime.


Here is one of my finished blocks. I wanted to quilt in circles and I thought the easiest way to do this is to use the quilt as you go tutorial. I just eyeballed the quilting using the center circle as my guide.
Here are a few other great circle inspirations to check out. Happy Quilting.
Roundabout Quilt by A Commonplace Life

Raw Edge Applique Circle Quilt by Cluck Cluck Sew

Polka Dot Quilt by Other Silly Things in the Studio

Simple Circle Quilt by Make it... a Wonderful Life

Making Circles to Applique by Quilts...etc.

Making circles with tinfoil by Anna Marie Horner

Reverse circles using heat resistant plastic by Mrs Schmenkman Quilts

No comments:

Post a Comment